Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hi all! Brian here bringing you tonight's blog from "Still Sunny @ 11 o'clock" Alaska. Today was my group's day to go fishing, but, as you can see from our photo of the day, last night's Super Moon ruined our tides for us. That mixed with 40 knot winds and 6 foot swells made it a little bit difficult to launch a boat and would have made for an unpleasant day on the waters. Anyone who has been on Alaskan waters knows that things can change quickly and not always for the better. So with the help and persuasion of our "Pole Bender" Greg, we decided at 7 o'clock that we should just get back in our pj's, put our lunches in the fridge, and head right back to bed. Hopefully the weather holds up for Saturday or Sunday and we will be going out then, so stay tuned for that everyone! Well, while my group was resting, the other groups visited the Pratt Museum for our last and final visit for Elmira College. That is where our picture of the day is from. The Pratt Museum has a beautiful boar Alaskan Brown Bear in its bear exhibit and as you can see (from left to right) Ryan, Moody, Jen, Heather, and Reese had a blast there. It was a pretty cool place to check out if you are in the area. Some of the group went to check out the newest addition to the Nicholas Sparks section of your DVD rack and went to the theatre in Homer to see The Lucky One, which I have to admit, they all said was a pretty good movie. Its not my style, but something tells me eventually it will come across my television unwillingly. Haha. We'll now for my favorite part of the day, dinner! Dinner was simple tonight. No...I know what you all are thinking.We did not have delivery. Instead, we had DeGiorno. Haha. After that we all met in the Bear Den and finished the night off with a fantastic flick, The Departed. Although it did not go over well with some of its viewers, it cannot be denied that it was a fantastic movie with a fantastic cast of individuals. Well, its time for me to write all of this again in my journal tonight. =D Until next time all! Goodnight! #AlaskaEC2012

2 comments:

  1. Nice job fishing! Sounds like the bite was on the first day. So did you all pitch in and clean the fish? Lexi, you look good in the fish picture so I am assuming the Dramamine worked! Nice try looking fierce in front of the Alaskan Brown but I would still rather see the group of you then that one Brown on 2 legs charging at me.

    The worse thing I have found about these adventure trips is when they start it seems like it will be a long trip but once it starts it flies by. As much fun as you are all having as a group, try to enjoy some alone time, reflect on what you have done and seen; make sure someone knows were you are. If you can find a small container, bring a little AK beach sand home, it can bring years of pleasure feeling it in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advise! I definitely will :) I am bringing back rocks for my friend Ryan. Yeah the first group of fishers only caught three...but our group caught 11 times as many! I was so happy and I think the adrenaline rush is what kept the Dramamine working haha Talk to you soon <3

    ReplyDelete